DIY Arts Ages 8+
Skill Level: Basic
Ratio Guarantee: 10 students per instructor
Prerequisite: Age only
DIY, “do it yourself,” practices in art and design evolves when individuals seek information and know-how via an active learning process. We offer an environment that is creative, non-competitive and open-ended, allowing young artists the freedom to explore their own potential and nurture their self-esteem, while building a strong repertoire of techniques and skills. Through the process of daily projects students are exposed to a wide variety of subject matter, artistic concepts and mastery of their materials. Providing an exceptional opportunity for learning and creativity.
The important outcomes are:
– Imagine, create, express, develop self-discipline.
– Interpret and reflect life.
– Experience and important window to different cultures and values
– Are open to new pathways for learning all subjects.
– Think critically, solve problems and make informed judgments.
– Work cooperatively within groups.
What Will Students Take Home?
Each student will go home with their designed and crafted model along with the photos of their learning session.
Top Skills Gained
Conceptual Skills Development
- Imagine, create, express, develop self-discipline
- Interpret and reflect life.
- Experience and important window to different cultures and values
- Are open to new pathways for learning all subjects.
- Think critically, solve problems and make informed judgments.
- Work cooperatively within groups.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Logical Skills
- Critical Thinking
Discover what sets our teaching style apart.
8:1 Staff Ratio Guarantee
We guarantee small class sizes, with a maximum of 8 students per instructor. At Robotics Labs, our teaching philosophy is premised on personalization—your path, at your pace. Passionate, adult-only instructors guide you through tailored curriculum with one-on-one teaching. The immersive environment is ideal for fostering creativity and allowing you to reach your potential.
Our entire staff is comprised of adults ages 18 and over. We believe you learn best from adults who have mastered their technology skills. Some of our instructors are tech industry professionals. Others are graduate and undergraduate students majoring in the fields of Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, App Design, and other related fields. We’re extremely selective when it comes to our summer staff.
Friday Open House for Families
On the last day of camp, instructors present each student with a personalized Robotics Labs certificate and recap students’ key accomplishments. Afterwards, students show their families what they spent the week learning!
Students can expect a common-sense mix of instruction, breaks, social time and other creative, age-appropriate activities.