IQ Genius Ages: 6 – 12
Division: IQ Based Learning
Ages: 6 – 12 years (KGII – VI)
Skill Level: Basic & Advanced
Ratio Guarantee: 8 students per instructor
Prerequisite: Age only
IQ Genius aims at helping kids become expert in a range of critical cognitive skills, called Relational Skills. These skills underlie just about everything we do in school, business, at work and in normal day-to-day decision making and problem-solving. Students develop rational skills for decision making & problem solving. They develop attention, perception, logical & critical thinking along with good memory and intelligence skills.
What Will Students Take Home?
Each student will go home with their games and photos of the learning session.
Top Skills Gained
Conceptual Skills Development
- Ability to focus, listen carefully, and remember the question being asked.
- Ability to respond to questions with varied and rich vocabulary versus single word answers.
- Ability to extend patterns and recreate patterns from memory;
- Ability to answer simple “word” math problems that require addition and subtraction;
- Ability to draw shapes and symbols;
- Ability to put words and visual images into categories;
- Ability to recognize similarities and differences in language and visual images;
- All about relativity using visual images and manipulatives – above, below, next to, more, less, taller, shorter, lighter, heavier, bigger, smaller, inside, outside, higher, lower, and much more;
- Ability to talk about vocabulary words and what they mean;
- Ability to articulate why things belong together and why they don’t;
- Ability to recreate designs using triangle, rectangle and square pattern tiles;
- Ability to work with visual-spatial reasoning problems using figural images;
- Ability to use deductive reasoning skills answering “word” problems;
- Ability to articulate a story with a beginning, middle and end;
- Ability to put pictures into sequences and patterns;
- Ability to handle “matrix” analogy questions, which are found on most intelligence assessments;
- Ability to recognize what is missing from and what is wrong with a visual image;
- Ability to sit and focus for a long period of time
- Reasoning Skills
- Articulation Skills
STEM & 21st Century Skills Development
- Logical Skills
- Critical Thinking
Discover what sets our teaching style apart.
8:1 Staff Ratio Guarantee
We guarantee small class sizes, with a maximum of 8 students per instructor. At Robotics Labs, our teaching philosophy is premised on personalization—your path, at your pace. Passionate, adult-only instructors guide you through tailored curriculum with one-on-one teaching. The immersive environment is ideal for fostering creativity and allowing you to reach your potential.
Our entire staff is comprised of adults ages 18 and over. We believe you learn best from adults who have mastered their technology skills. Some of our instructors are tech industry professionals. Others are graduate and undergraduate students majoring in the fields of Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, App Design, and other related fields. We’re extremely selective when it comes to our summer staff.
Friday Open House for Families
On the last day of camp, instructors present each student with a personalized Robotics Labs certificate and recap students’ key accomplishments. Afterwards, students show their families what they spent the week learning!
Students can expect a common-sense mix of instruction, breaks, social time and other creative, age-appropriate activities.